Thursday, July 05, 2007

I finished another novel...

(moved from elsewhere)
I finished 2 books in 2 days; be more exactly it is 2 nites. Great!

Good books... but all in Chinese or again, to be more exact, Taiwan Chinese. Fun and funny. It's fun to read as it's quite funny and some characters just appear too stupid. The way of writing is fun too! Like experimental cinema, total off track the mainstream or should I say Classic Literature? I don't think it should be categorised as Leisure Reading though it should have been planned to serve that purpose.

In the Preface, the author said, 'You will have more fun if you treat it as a Sci-fi. But all in all, it is in fact not a Sci-fi.' So I read it as a story happening in our Time dimension but probably in a different Space dimension. Don't know if my 'strategy' is working out properly or if it is in fact not a Sci-fi at all, I managed to understand the story quite well. Oh! Another reason maybe those 'Electromagnetic Waves' mentioned in the story! Remember my Major? In fact, that's not that important in the story as I interpret but I just... keep thinking about that :P

So indeed... I DO THINK that is possible. It is not merely a Sci-fi; it based on workable theories and... in fact... I thought about that before! :P Can we alter our EM brain signals externally to change our minds? Or can our EM brain signals transmit direct through air to action? This is done by MIT already. Their team has developed a method to "switch on the light" by thinking only. Can we apply external force to stimulate a "Spike" (action potential)? I think there's something similar... The TENS should be an action potential simulation theraphy.

Alright... in fact that is somehow a "Sociology + Philosophy" novel, nothing about Sci-fi. It is a story about a Homophobic Boy. I would read this simply because it is recommended by Sandee Chan and Soda Green's 'TsinFeng'. :P

Anyways, after finishing the story, I think the Patrogonist's too homophobic that he has serious mental problems. It's sad and I guess that's the THEME of the book.

Also, a PHOBIA is more frightening than a trauma and always will lead to a trauma. Though this is not exactly about the book (but related), it is the only sentence I want to share in these few weeks.

No comments: