Thursday, March 03, 2011

小人兒記事 – 20110302

This is the first Prenatal Class!

We have Nutritionist offering nutritional advices during pregnancy, after delivery, during breastfeeding and for baby nutritions.

I need to have at least 3 portions of Carbohydrates in order to faciliate baby's growth. I also need to have 6 oz. of Protein, plenty of Iron and FAT (!!!!) to sustain baby's growth AND brain development besides the very famous DHA and AA!!!!

Guess how many glasses of milk I need to provide adequate calcium to my baby as well as to protect myself from Osteoporosis? Two is NOT enough!!!!! Up to 4 glasses a day is not exaggerated! But of 'coz, we should take skimmed milk! But NOT skimmed cheese or soy milk since skimmed cheese/soy milk is always associated with high sodium which will increase the chance of swelling.

Swelling can be prevented by a low sodium diet and also HIGH potassium can help! Enough calcium can also ease leg cramp! ^_^

Very useful information.

The second part of the class involves the procedures of delivery!!!! Umum... always sounds scary and this will never ease your concern on 'When should I go to hospital if no bleeding and water not yet broken? How painful or how frequent should I go?' Kakin said, Take It Easy and he believes it's instinct that I will know when Burger's coming! ^_^

Maybe.

And I received 4 cans of formulated milk powder and many other gifts after the class. I also filled in the application forms of those 'MaMa Club' by formulated milk manufacturers, which claimed to be the best way to secure milk powder supply. Scary and incredibly, the milk powder supply of certain brands are very scarce here in HK.

No comments: