Thursday, March 10, 2011

小人兒記事 – 20110309

Today is the second and also the last Prenatal Class.

We have physiotherapists showing us the 'correct' breathing method during delivery and guiding us through the breathing exercises. Some prenatal exercises for exercising the precise muscle that would help delivery was also taught. They are quite simple when compared to the Maternity Yoga ^^ But I discovered that the muscle exercise will involve contraction of muscle near the uterus and don't know if it will hurt or lead to preterm uterus contraction... I must pay more attention to it when doing such exercises.

One big 'news' from the class: - I can do Cat Pose and Bridge Pose during my Yoga lesson; just I need to adjust the height and strength I'm doing it. The Cat Pose helps relieving back pain during Maternity and the Bridge Pose helps strengthening the muscle (increase the elasticity and flexibility of the muscle) which is VERY VERY IMPORTANT to delivery! =)

Other topics include the Post Delivery Care at Hospital and some tips for taking care of ourselves at home after delivery.

The Prenatal Classes did give us a clearer picture about Pregnancy and Delivery. I especially appreciate the Nutritionists' works :) since I know nothing about it before. For the exercises, it would be even better if we could try those poses out during class and let the Physiotherapists to check our poses.

A bit disappointing is that the Class doesn't include Newborn Care >< I don't mind giving a bit more $ but I would very much like to attend such as classes...

No comments: