Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blogs arrangement

As mentioned previously, I would like to re-arrange all my blogs and combine them together. But then I found it extremely difficult and time consuming to migrate hundreds posts written over the past six years!!!

I've now posted the link of my Blog Archive in 2002 and 2003, while I still wrote my own HTML codes every time I updated my blog =P

I decided to keep these two links as it reflected my own effect of writing it; but not just posting entries.

For the CGI one I've used for about half an year in 200?, I'd love to keep the original version. Yet it only logs 10 posts at a time and I've already done backup from time to time to my own PC. Now, I would like to post them all back to the net but probably in plain HTML or on one of this ready-use platform - or to integrate with this blog. I'm not sure yet.

Other blogs are 'thematic' - e.g. literature, photgraphy, travelling and Arts. The travelling blog here are co-authored with other friends and thus entries have already repeated in our own blogs.

For those blogs titled 'abandoned' on the left sidebar, I'll either integrate them into this or integrate them into the new one mentioned above for the ex-CGI posts.

When doing so, this allows me to do some revision on myself; e.g. I've just read a few posts on the Blog written in 2006 for my Taiwan friends. This reminds me of what I was thinking then and what my goal was then. I felt pretty astrayed now. This is good, I finally remember what I have to do.

Still the good old saying told by all moms when they gave you a thick beautiful diary to write on: writing diaries will not only enhance your writing skills and most importantly, it is a record of your life! You will need this when you grow older and gradually be confused by yourself. Your diary can lead you the way out from all the swirls in life and lead you to the light!

That's what my mom told me and I found it very ture!

P.S. My mom always writes to us; letting us have a 'record' to refresh our minds!

No comments: