Thursday, January 08, 2009

I just set my 'entertainment' (a.k.a. recreational) target in 2009 yesterday and I found a very interesting exhibition today! ^_^

(God Bless! Yesterday, after I'd left the post here, I went to 2009 Arts Festival's website and very disappointingly, NOTHING is interesting except the Chicago Philharmonic, which is exceptional high in ticket price, and the venue IFC-55 [I don't even know recitalist but I'm very interested in going attending a concert in IFC-55])

"The French Revolutions" Exhibition@Hong Kong Museum of History

I found this when reading others' blogs! Why can't I see the link yesterday on LCSD's webpage?

I am a Science student and have only studied History until Secondary 3; but I just love French History. (and I gradually developed an interest in the Tudor History when reading P&P [I don't know why but that's the fact])

I must go! And let me date mum and my little bro first =P

==============================================

Why do I date mum and my little bro for the exhibition?

Because they will just love it! Hope they haven't been to there =P I should have dated dad too but he is quite busy recently.

Well, until very lately, I think this is a family normal activity: parent to discuss History/Literature/Arts or even Physics/ Mechanics/ Biology events with children! This is my family and I just discovered that we are not the norm :P

My dad is somehow an all-round people; he knows many things (e.g. from academic literature [He knows so much poems and even proses!!! He may not know the whole poem but can read out a few lines] to slangs [most expressions I don't know]) to different extents.

My mum is less all-round (she is not that versatile but concentrates on her interests) but kind of "expert" (among C9s of 'coz) on Karl Marx/Communism and Chinese Contemporary Literature. She claimed that she first read the "Manifesto of the Communist Party" in Primary 4 or 5. (Actually it's not that surprising since my Grandfather is a die-hard supporter of Communism but he taught French at school before WWII.) And she always applies Luxin's lines to daily life and she is the one introduced me to read Charles Dickson.

My little brother is genuiuely a History/Chinese Literature student. I still remember the day when I was despartely studying for my World History exam, my bro came over and looked at my textbook. He pointed to a picture and started telling the story of 巴士底監獄. The picture is 'Place de la Bastille'. A secondary 2 girl despartely starred at her primary 3 younger brother. Is it crazy? How come a primary 3 boy knows about the French Revolution?
(umum.... ex-President Chen may really need to re-study History :P)

That is not the most "scaring" thing. My little bro finished the 4 great classical novels (this is the Translation from wiki) before Primary school! And I know he then read and finished the original classical language version too! And, he is finding the original and 柏楊版資治通鑑!!!!

Just last few weeks, my dad and bro arrived the restaurant very late for lunch and reason was: we are watching TV on 四庫全書 ^_^

That's why I have to go with them.

==============================

For the French Revolutions, I still know something about it. It is within our Curriculum.

I had World History and Chinese History as two different subjects at Secondary School until Secondary 3; I still remember the Curriculum for World History:

Secondary 1: Ancient Egypt (This is a diasaster and I tried my first "FAIL" :P), Ancient Greece, the Rise and Fall of Rome Empire
Secondary 2: Medieval Times, The Dark Ages, The Crusades, The Renaissance, The Enlightenment, Louis XIV to Napolean, the French Revolutions,
Secondary 3: the Industrial Revolution, American History!!!! Independent Oath!!! 4 July, Mayflower, etc. And we needed to remember by heart all the states and their locations and even the rivers!

So basically we don't know the British History (e.g. the 'Tudor' were being "told" during English/Library lesson through those BBC programmes). And it's almost all French! =P

Probably my teacher loves French History too! No - just kidding. That's probably 'coz our HKCE and HKAL will do Japan and Asia (if I did not remember wrongly); and the English Literature class will touch on British History. So they need to teach Europe History in lower forms.

It is at least different from my bro's; he had to study Cold War as well.

For Chinese History, I can still study up to 4 June but as 'Tiananmen incident'. And we need to study the Syllabus B as well - that is the "Daily Life in Imperial China" <-- I took a course exactly the same title in Year 1 and the first time discovered that Chinese History could be very interesting as well. :P

No comments: